Saturday, November 29, 2008

Here's hoping that everyone had a good, uneventful Thanksgiving day!

I dropped a half gallon of peanut oil in the kitchen & wouldn't you know it, the lid popped off & oil shot all across the floor. Major panic attack (I was visualizing sliding across the floor for the next 6 months!) ... luckily, ds recommended I put floor on the floor & then sweep it up (where does he get this odd information stored in his pea brain???) ... you know what? He was so very right. Thank god! Less than 45 minutes later my kitchen was as good as new.

We fried 3 turkeys and had one that was roasted. Of course, we are soooo over turkey at the moment. Ordered pizza on Friday night & dh & I will go out to the Japanese buffet this evening.

I have started to bag the turkey meat into quart size bags. I want to make turkey enchiladas. Turkey shepards pie. Turkey pot pie and so on. But not yet

Of course, all the sides need to be dealt with too. Sweet potatoes, mashed taters, corn, green bean casserole, etc. Whew.

No comments: