Sunday, June 20, 2010

Marinated Shrooms

I used to totally dispise mushrooms, as in, OMG I'm going to toss my cookies that I ate one. But then when I quit smoking, my taste buds changed and now I really do like mushrooms, but still only in a certain way ...
Here's what you need and it's no big deal!


Mushrooms (I use white button most of the time, cheapest to get, these were marked down to 99 cents per 8 oz package AND I like to leave them whole but you can slice ... they will cook faster)


Cesear dressing (I use Kens Steakhouse Lite ... been the tastiest so far)


Toss shrooms in a ziptop. Add dressing, don't make them swim, but enough to coat. Let them marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours. Obviously, the longer they marinate, the more concentrated the flavor becomes so use a little caution.


When ready to cook, tear a big sheet of foil, fold up edges to make a "pan" like shape to keep the shrooms (and dressing) together, dump out the ziploc into center. Gather up edges to form a ball shape with a little opening at the top for steam. I normally double up the foil again just to be sure as the grill can (and does!) tear the foil.

Grill over a low heat spot on grill while you cook the rest of your food. These don't require a long period of cooking, generally about 20 minutes or so is good to me. Enjoy with a nice steak like we did last night ... yumm!

No comments: