Sunday, June 13, 2010

Crab Louis

From the Grape magazine at Publix. I have not made this yet but I've put my proposed changes here.

1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup chili sauce (at last, something to use one of 2 bottles on!)
1 tbs small dice green bell pepper (perfect for the kitchen gadget)
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs horseradish
1 tbs minced green onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 cups lettuce, torn
12 thin slices french bread, toasted
3 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
1 tbs lemon juice
1 lb crab meat, picked over, rinsed and patted dry (yes, I'm using the fake stuff that I have in the freezer, 6 8oz packages I believe)
cherry tomatoes

Whisk mayo, chili sauce, bell pepper, parsley, horseradish, green onion, salt, cayenne pepper & Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl til smooth.

On each plate, arrange a cup of lettuce next to 2 bread slices. brush avocado slices with lemon juice and arrange on the bread. Divide the crab meat and arrange on top of the avocado, spoon about 2 tbs of dressing over each serving .... garnish with fresh lemon slices if desired.
6 servings

No comments: