Thursday, April 2, 2009

Olive-Y Garden Salad Dressing

I've had a lot of different recipes for this dressing. This is by far, IS the only one to use. I used to make it every weekend for a while there and plan on getting back into again, starting this morning:

Italian Dressing

1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tsp veg oil
2 tbs corn syrup (now that I'm a little healthier minded, need to find something as substitute)
2 tbs parm cheese
2 tbs romano cheese
¼ tsp garlic salt (or one clove of garlic finely minced)
½ tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp lemon juice

Mix all ingredients in blender til well mixed. If too tart, tame down with a dash of sugar.

NOTES: Best if you let it sit for a while in fridge
I sometimes just put in a jar and shake the heck out of it.
I’ve used all parm cheese and no romano (4 tbs) when that’s all I have, no biggie.
Can be doubled.

No comments: