Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quesadilias

I had some leftover chicken, a tomato on its last leg and of course, quite a few flour tortillas. The cheese is starting to go away in the freezer (remember, I bought a TON of it for 67 cents a while back).

I finally figured out the secret to me of making a good quesadila. Kind of fry up the shell FIRST: spray pan with non stick (or you can use butter) and flip the shell back and forth til a little crispier than normal. Once it starts getting fluffy (air pockets), toss a layer of cheese on top, add your toppings (like making pizza, more is not necessarily better), fold over in half & cover.

Oh yum. It was delicious. I can't believe I haven't made them this way before. I normally use 2 shells and try to flip without spilling everything. Toasting the shell first makes all the difference in the world!

No comments: