Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Costco trip coming soon

We are scrounging for food in the house .... yeah, you believe that, don't you? If you DO, then read down below this post to see some of the pictures of the pantry & freezers ...

I do have a big trip coming up for Costco though very soon. I am almost out of the following: tp, papertowel, bath soap, laundry soap, (am out of borax and dishsoap as I type), toothpaste and a bunch of other non-edible items.

I am NOT out of food. BUT the pickings are getting a little slim. I am happy that I at least had room to stuff the ice cream I made in the freezer ... that was a definite improvement.

I pulled out the last 2 bags of chix thighs & drumsticks from freezer. I still have b/s breast. And a few turkey burgers (that no one but me will really eat), I believe all the ground beef is gone.

BEFORE I do my Costco trip, I will organize the freezers and pantry (pantry is starting to look a little bare'er' too) as the last time I did a trip there, I had stuff sitting on the dining room table for days as I made room (pantry stuff) and the freezers couldn't be opened as stuff fell out when the door was opened, which kind of, sort of, defeats the whole purpose of stuffing the freezer, huh?

I also am out of shredded coconut. The vanilla is almost gone. I am not quite sure what has happened to all the chocolate chips. Tea bags are getting low. Oh man, I am starting to hyperventilate! Just kidding. But seriously. I am running out of stuff that is normally stockpiled but because I've made a conscious effort to NOT stock up on every single good deal I see, I'm getting concerned!!

So far, this is what's on my list (and really, it may not all come from Costco but to keep my sanity, it could just be one big trip):

laundry soap, borax, bath soap, dish soap, toothpaste, coffee, cream, equal, tea bags, chocolate chips, garbage bags, ziploc (sandwich), bread, coconut, vanilla, hot dogs (dinner franks), buns, paper towel, tp, wipes, cups, plates, chix breast, chix thighs (w & w/0 bones), hamburger, pork tenderloin, pork chops, (look at shrimp for price), tortilla shells, sandwich rolls, tuna, lettuce, tomatoes, snacks (for sonny boy), pretzels, Gatorade, propel, water bottles (boat stuff), and whatever might jump in the overflowing cart. Not really. I am honestly going to try & keep the list very very contained this time. I am going to try and put $400 on the WAMU/Chase card and use that for my July spending ... gas, groceries, etc. But if I did a full fledge, all out trip to Costco, I'd spend it all, I'm sure. Then I would really really have to watch myself for the month. It's tempting, believe me!

No comments: