Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gravy P 90 X style

Ok, hopefully I won't get in trouble for doing this. As I'm having turkey burgers Monday (must have used all of the leftovers from freezer) on Monday, thought I would get the stuff ready to make the gravy on Monday night.

1/3 cup chopped shallots
1/3 cup flour
3 cups FF chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp poultry seasoning

Saute shallots in some of the broth til soft. Gradually whisk in flour, adding broth as needed to form thick paste.

Gradually add remaining broth stir & cook til thickened. Add salt & seasoning.

OK - I would do my usual way, mix 1/2 liquid & all flour in a jar with lid & shake, shake, shake. Then add to the pan with remaining broth & stir.
Oddly enough, I have everything so I'm set (with the exception of turkey. How odd. Making do with the turkey burgers that were not that great the last time we used them so hopefully this gravy will make up for it.

No comments: