Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pork Tenderloin

Ok, this is really the base of the Island Pork Tenderloin Salad I had earlier this week. But man, the pork was so awesome that I've been eating it daily. It's all gone now & I really want to make some more this week (to use up the 3 pork tenderloins I got on clearance for $3.99 each).

1 lb pork tenderloin (ok, I've never found ONE LB of pork tenderloin, mine was like 1 1/2 lbs)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp olive oil (skipped, used pam)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 tbs Tabasco sauce

Mix salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon & then coat the pork with this dry rub. Let it sit for a bit.

Heat oil in 12 inch skillet (I used my grill pan & sprayed with pam) over moderately high heat (again, did medium) and brown pork, turning to brown all sides.

Stir together brown sugar, garlic & tabasco. Pat onto top of tenderloin. place in roasting pan and bake 20 minutes at 350 til done.

1. I had to bake a heck of a lot longer. Maybe because I only lightly browned the pork. Next time I will probably cut the pork in half long way so it will cook faster (p.s. swine ful be damned!)

2. This smelled awesome cooking. I was leery of the cinnamon as I must have overdosed the family on cinnamon at some point to where they really don't care for it anymore.

3. Got a nice kick. Makes your lips sting a little but awesome over a salad with cabbage & such. Yumm.

No comments: