Saturday, May 16, 2009

Waffles

I made these on Mother's Day (yes, I did cook breakfast that day) and they were pretty tasty. So I have the batter going again to make tomorrow.

*You must make the batter at least 12 hours before hand.

In large glass, plastic or ceramic bowl, combine:
2 cups white flour
1 cup of milk (I used 3 tbs powder milk & 1 cup water)
1 cup plain yogurt with live cultures (if you don't see live cultures on label, they aren't there!)

Cover and let it sit overnight in warm spot.

When you are ready, heat up the waffle iron. Add the following to the starter batter:

2 eggs
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup veg. oil

Mix til completly smooth. When iron is hot, stir i
1 tsp baking soda

Once you add the baking soda, there is no turning back as apparently the batter will not keep, even for a few hours. So use it up and freeze leftovers if need be.

I was surprised that sonny boy & hubby ate the leftovers throughout the week.

No comments: