Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fruit Salad (pantry food!)

My brother in law and his two kids (13 and 15) are visiting and we've been grilling like crazy every night. That's fine and dandy and I'm really enjoying it as is Hubby.

The boys eat fairly well. Surprisingly not BIG eaters but they eat. And they like fruit. A LOT.

So, I grabbed a can of peaches in light syrup, drained. A can of pears in light syrup, drained. A jar of cut pineapple in juice, drained, and a can of mandarin oranges (in "syrup"), drained.

Tossed all those in a bowl, and hubby handed me my canning jar that holds my toasted coconut (hey, toast your coconut ahead of time and have it on hand and ready to go for times like this!) and I tossed some in.

Oh MY GOD. It was good. The coconut took it right over the top! Try it!! Perfect to go with the 7 pounds of wings he made :)

No comments: