Saturday, July 3, 2010

Honey Mustard Dressing

Because I've been doing low carb, I've not had honey mustard dressing with my salads or chicken which is just horrible and I've been going through withdrawals!! BUT, Tammy over at Tammy's Recipes recently shared her recipe and wow, I made some and hubby was eating it in no time with his chicken nuggets. Then me & Princess had some delicious salad with it...definitely a keeper and worth sharing the way I made it ... (don't forget to check out Tammy's site, shes got some GREAT recipes over there...

1/2 cup canola oil
3 tbs white vinegar
2 tbs water
1/4 cup honey (tip: measure the oil first and pour into bowl THEN measure the honey in same cup, will pour right out for you!)
1/4 cup grey poupon mustard
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt (or more, but for me, its' good as I'm salt sensitive taste wise)
dash pepper

Place all in jar with tight lid and shake, shake shake to mix. I used my cruet that I got from the last church sale for 25 cents. Store in fridge for up to 1 week. Somehow, I don't see this lasting all that long :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband is also salt sensitive as far as taste so this will probably be perfect for us! Gonna try this with the Aussie chicken!!